Maltese cross
Welcome to Elwood Fire Rescue
Friday, April 04 2025 @ 01:17 am EDT
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Ocean City Firefighter Charged in Sexual Assault Suspended

Fire-Rescue News

From the Atlantic City Press Published: Thursday, January 10, 2008

OCEAN CITY - A city firefighter who is facing charges of aggravated sexual assault has been suspended without pay from his job.

Police last week arrested Bartholomew Allegretto, 49, at an Ocean Avenue home. He was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a juvenile and was lodged at the Cape May County jail on $150,000 bail. Police said the assault occurred between January and October of 2007.

Allegretto has been an Ocean City firefighter for about 12 years. Business Administrator James Rutala said Allegretto has been suspended without pay from his job with the city until the trial.
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Two people injured in Mullica Township crash

Fire-Rescue NewsFrom the Atlantic City Press Published: Wednesday, Jan 9th 2008

By Elaine Rose staff writer

Two people were injured, one of them seriously, when two vehicles collided Tuesday evening at the intersection of Route 30 and Elwood Road, police said. The driver of one vehicle, a 70-year-old man from Egg Harbor Township, was taken to William B. Kessler Memorial Hospital in Hammonton as a precautionary measure, investigating Lt. Paul Register said.

His passenger, a woman from Egg Harbor Township, was air-lifted to the Regional Trauma Unit at AltantiCare Regional Medical Center in Atlatnic City, but her injuries were not believed to be life-threatening. An 18-year-old man from Mullica Township was issued a summons for failure to yield at an intersection Register said The names of the people involved were not release.

The cause of the accident, which happened at 4:59 p.m., is under investigation, Register said
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Emergency Vehicles / Just pull over, OK?

Fire-Rescue NewsFrom the Atlantic City Press Published: Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Add this to the indicators of our fast-paced and self-absorbed culture: Area rescue squads report that motorists increasingly refuse to move over when emergency vehicles approach. That's pretty appalling.

Click read more for full article
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

E. Greenwich Firefighter Dies

Fire-Rescue NewsWalter Fagan's funeral will be held at McBride-Foley Funeral Home in Paulsboro at 10:30 a.m. on Friday.

From the Courier-Post Sunday, December 30, 2007

By LEO STRUPCZEWSKI
Courier-Post Staff

EAST GREENWICH, NJ
A 48-year-old volunteer firefighter suffered a fatal heart attack late Friday night while responding to a call in the town's Mickleton section, officials said.

Click read more for full article.

 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Damages Galloway Township House

Fire-Rescue News

From the Atlantic City Press Published: Friday, December 28, 2007

GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP - A five-alarm fire rendered a Whalers Cove Court house uninhabitable Thursday evening, and sent one firefighter to the hospital with a back injury, the fire chief said.

The fire was reported at 6:13 p.m., and the first firefighters to respond found smoke coming from a single-story wood-frame building, said Galloway Fire Chief Rodney Calimer. The occupants were home at the time, but got out before crews arrived.

Firefighters entered the home and found flames in the attic, Calimer said. They managed to contain the fire to the attic, but the house suffered smoke and water damage. The family is taking temporary shelter with friends.

The Oceanville Fire Company was the primary responder and was assisted by companies from Port Republic, Bayville, Pomona and Germania, Calimer said. All told, 40 firefighters battled the flames. In addition, firefighters from Absecon and South Egg Harbor covered the Oceanville and Port Republic stations.

One firefighter suffered a back injury, and was taken by Galloway Township Ambulance Squad to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Calimer said. The cause of the fire is under investigation, Calimer said.
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Chief Domenico to resign; Ruberton slated to be new leader

Fire-Rescue News

From The Hammonton News published December 26, 2007

HAMMONTON -- Frank Domenico has resigned as chief of the Hammonton Volunteer Fire Department and will be replaced by Michael Ruberton. The move is expected to be approved next Tuesday at the Town Council's New Year's reorganization meeting.

Domenico submitted his letter of resignation on Thursday. The department moved forward with nominating Assistant Chief Michael Ruberton as the new chief. Michael Pullia was nominated to serve as assistant chief.

Reached late Friday afternoon, Domenico, a 25-year veteran of the department, said he will continue to serve with the department as a regular member.

"It was time for a change," Domenico said noting he will still continue his duties as the town's fire official. "There was a lot going on."

He declined further comment.

Ruberton could not be reached by presstime Sunday.
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

HAMMONTON - Fiery Crash Kills Driver

Fire-Rescue News

From The Press of Atlantic City Published: Monday, December 24, 2007

An unidentified person was killed in a one-car accident in Hammonton early Sunday morning.

A witness said a silver car was traveling east on Columbia Road at a high speed at 2:40 a.m., police Sgt. Kevin Friel said. Moments later, the vehicle crashed and burst into flames. Friel said the driver was declared dead at the scene by the Atlantic County Medical Examiner's Office.

A further investigation is being conducted to determine the identity of the driver, Friel said.
 Copyright © 2025 Elwood Fire Rescue
 All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
(Menu Powered by Milonic)Powered by Geeklog 
Created this page in 0.47 seconds